I specialise in drawing pet portraits from photos in my Cotswold studio in Bourton on the Water. Hand drawn pet portraits can make a very special gift for a birthday, anniversary or Christmas. They are also a lovely way to commemorate a beloved pet.
Which Size Should I order?
I offer a range of sizes to suit everyone's budget and timescale. Please visit the "Portrait Prices" page for a breakdown of the various different options available.
Ordering a Pet Portrait from a Photo
- The first step is to email me some high quality images of your subject. It is normally best to send a few different ones as I can then assess which one I think will work best and it also gives me a better feel for the appearance and character of the subject. Digital images can also be sent by post on a CD/pen drive. Photos must be clear, in focus and high resolution. The best photos tend to be those taken in good natural light (but not bright sunlight) with no flash as this causes red-eye. I find that the best portraits are those which focus on the subject’s head and have a small amount of the shoulders/body visible. Be careful not to crop the image e.g. cutting off ears! The above images are a couple of examples of the perfect photographs for custom pet drawings.
- Once we have agreed on a photograph to use and discussed your requirements I will send you an invoice for a 30% deposit which can be paid via Paypal or by credit or debit card. Alternatively payment can be made by a cheque made payable to myself, Emma Gorton. For hand drawn pet portrait prices please see the "Portrait Prices" page.
- I will then begin work on your portrait. I can send you regular updates of my progress by email if requested although some people prefer to wait until the piece is finished before seeing it
- Once your drawing is complete, I will send you an image of it to approve. Once you are fully satisfied with it I will ask for payment in full and once that has been received I can send the finished piece to you. I mount each portrait using ph neutral virgin wood pulp mount board in either off-white or black depending on your preference. I can send images of both options so that you can decide which one works best for your portrait.
- A framing service can be provided with various options available starting from an extra cost of £35. This can be discussed at any time during the ordering process.
Completed custom pet drawings are sent by courier using a 48 hour service within the UK Mainland and Northern Ireland and a tracking number will be provided. Commissioned pet portraits can also be shipped worldwide, though delivery timings will vary on location. For prices please see the "Delivery Costs" page. As charcoal has a tendency to smudge, your pet drawing will be fixed and then packed very carefully in order for it to reach you in perfect condition. Please take extra care when opening your parcel and enjoy your unique hand drawn pet portrait!